Realization.....
I have been struggling A LOT with my weight loss lately. I do well for a few days, then go on a complete binge. Yesterday I spent the day completely alone. I didn't do anything, just laid around in my PJ's all day. It gave me the perfect chance to think. It made me realize what I was doing. I have been alone a lot lately. My husband works nights so we are on complete opposite schedules. There isn't much I can do about this situation at the moment. He has to work, and working this shift allowed him the time he needed to get finished with college. I can't wait for him to get a daytime job so we can get back on the same schedule and spend more time together. I also don't have a lot of friends. When we moved a little over 2 years ago, I left the few friends that I did have behind in Ames/DSM. I barely talk to any of them anymore. I know part of that is my fault. I just find it hard to keep in contact when our lives have all moved on. I guess I feel like I'm interrupting. I know I shouldn't feel like that, but that's the way it is. Anyways, back to my thinking this weekend. I realized that I use food to fill a void that I have in my life. I'm usually fine when I'm at work because I can only eat what I have available. When I'm not at work, if I can keep myself busy with something else, cleaning, playing on the computer, shopping, etc. I can stay away from the food too. It's when I'm alone, sad, bored, that I turn to food. I need to stop this.


1 Comments:
I wondered why I haven't heard much from you lately. You know I am always here for you and I WANT you to talk to me!!! You are never interrupting me!!!! When i don't hear from you I wonder what is going on! Also, you need to meet up with Karla when she is in town! Getting out of your house a bit for some interaction is good!! Drag her to the gym with you! It'd be nice to have a run/walking buddy! Love you!
Post a Comment
<< Home